Monday, August 25, 2008

Homesteaders status: "Recommended"

I'd mentioned that Homesteaders was under review by Rio Grande Games. I recently received word that Jay's freelance developers (Dale Yu and Valerie Putman) had finished testing the game and returned it to him. An email from them said...

"Jay asked us to look at several titles this summer that he was considering for publication and we did get to play (and recommend) Homesteaders. We enjoyed the game and would be happy to share our feedback with you."

I'm trying really hard not to get too excited about this, because it's still up to Jay to decide if Homesteaders is worth producing... it may prove too expensive, or he might decide it's too similar to other games he's published already, or who knows what. However this recommendation from his developers is certainly a step in the right direction, and I'm having trouble not feeling at least a little giddy!

Stay tuned, I hope to have good feedback from Dale and Val to digest, and I'm sure I'll post about it here.

3 comments:

Isamoor said...

Congrats Seth! I know you put a lot of time into your designs, and it's great for one to finally get some recognition!

Isamoor said...

And just to prove I was paying attention, I should have said you put a lot of effort into your developments! Congrats to Alex for the design.

Seth Jaffee said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Shea!